- This event has passed.
20220706 1000 WILLSHIR SOUTH AFRICA TIMELINE
SOUTH AFRICA – EASTERN CAPE – 06 JUL 2022
• EAST LONDON – 06 JUL 2022 (06H40) President Cyril Ramaphosa is expected to attend the mass funeral service of 21 youth members today, 06 July 2022, at the Scenery Park Sports Field from 09H00. The President will be joined by Premier Oscar Mabuyane and provincial and local government leaders.
• MOTHERWELL – 06 JUL 2022 (07H50) Fire reported at Motherwell Library. Reports indicate that the Library caught fire. The reason for the fire is unknown at this stage. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes. Emergency services on scene.
SOUTH AFRICA – FREE STATE – 06 JUL 2022
• VERKEERDEVLEI – 05 JUL 2022 (19H45) The Masilonyana Local Municipality has dismissed the Municipal Manager (MM) of the Theunissen-based Municipality, Lungile Mokoteli. Mokoteli was removed during a special council sitting at the Verkeerdevlei Kapps Banyane community hall. Mokoteli is the third MM to be dismissed by the Municipality in a few months. The Municipality has been unable to pay workers for two months as it is experiencing money flow problems.
SOUTH AFRICA – GAUTENG – 06 JUL 2022
• TARLTON – 05 JUL 2022 (19H45) Police have launched an investigation into the murder that occurred on Sunday, 03 July 2022, in Tarlton. Two female victims have been killed and one injured after being attacked by unknown suspects. The murder has led to the community protest by Matshelapata informal settlement residents on the R24 and N14 in Tarlton from Sunday until Monday, 04 July 2022. A heightened Police presence is reported in the Matshelapata area.
• JOHANNESBURG – 05 JUL 2022 (19H30) Shooting reported at MBT Petroleum on Edward Street in Sophiatown. One security officer has been fatally shot. Emergency services are on the scene. Motorists are advised to use alternative routes and avoid the area.
SOUTH AFRICA – KWAZULU-NATAL – 06 JUL 2022
• PIETERMARITZBURG – 05 JUL 2022 (22H00) The Msunduzi Municipality announced expected service disruptions in the Mpumuza Area on Wednesday, 06 July 2022, from 08H00 until 17H00. The Municipality stated that the electricity supply interruption is to allow time to install an RMU at the Morcom Purification plant. Further updates will be provided as received.
SOUTH AFRICA – LIMPOPO – 06 JUL 2022
• POLOKWANE/ PIETERSBURG – 06 JUL 2022 (08H50) The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) is expected to hold a Frantz Fanon Lecture on Wednesday, 20 July 2022, at the Ngoako Ramatlhodi Sports Complex in Seshego. EFF Commissar Mbuyiseni Ndlozi is expected to address during the lecture.
SOUTH AFRICA – MPUMALANGA – 06 JUL 2022
• BARBERTON – 06 JUL 2022 (09H50) UPDATE Road closure reported at the intersection of the R40 and R38 in the vicinity of Mediclinic Barberton due to ongoing protest. (09H30) Protest reported at the intersection of the R40 and R538. Taxi operators and Truck drivers have blockaded the road. Motorists are advised to avoid the area. (08H00) Demonstrations reported on Kabokweni Road in Teka Takho. Taxi operators have blockaded the road. The demonstrators are protesting due to high fuel prices and electricity tarriffs. Motorists are advised to avoid the area. (06H50) Trucks have blockaded the R40/ Madiba Drive in the vicinity of the South African Revenue Services (SARS) offices. Motorists are advised to avoid the area. (06H15) Road closure reported on the N4 entrances to Matsulu, KaNyamazane, Pienaar and Ngodwana due to protests. Entrances in and around Mbombela have been blockaded. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes. (02H05) Protest reported on the N4 from Plaston towards Karino. Reports indicate that a heavy motor vehicle (HMV) has barricaded the road. The demonstrators are protesting due to the increase in fuel prices. The Police have been notified regarding the situation. Motorists are advised to use alternative routes for the duration of the protest.
SOUTH AFRICA – NORTH WEST – 06 JUL 2022
• CHRISTIANA – 06 JUL 2022 (08H30) Police have launched an investigation into the cause of the fire that immersed at a clinic and part of the City Town Hall in Christiana on Monday, 04 July 2022. The extent of the damage to the two buildings is known at this stage. No injuries were reported. The Provincial Police Spokesperson, Adele Myburgh, stated that forensic teams gathered evidence on Tuesday, 05 July 2022, to determine the cause of the fire.
• POTCHEFSTROOM – 06 JUL 2022 (09H25) UPDATE The N12 remains open for traffic flow following the ongoing protest on Sarafina Street. Motorists are advised to remain cautious when travelling on the N12 as the situation may change. (09H00) Protest reported at the intersection of the N12 and Sarafina Street. Residents from Ikageng in Extension (EXT) 11 are protesting due to water outages. The demonstrators have blockaded the road. Motorists are advised to be vigilant. Police are on the scene.
SOUTH AFRICA – NORTHERN CAPE – 06 JUL 2022
• KIMBERLEY – 05 JUL 2022 (20H15) The Hawks Serious Organised Crime Investigation team arrested a suspect for business robbery after R230,000 was stolen from the Mankurwane Post Office on Monday 04 July 2022. Two unknown suspects entered the Post Office branch in Mankurwane, Vergenoeg. The suspects allegedly pointed a firearm at employees and stole an estimated amount of R230,000. Community members followed the suspects and managed to apprehend one of the suspects at a nearby house. The suspect was found with an amount of R110,000 in his possession. The suspect is expected to appear in the Galeshewe Magistrate’s Court soon. The Hawks have launched a search operation for the second suspect.
SOUTH AFRICA – WESTERN CAPE – 06 JUL 2022
• CAPE TOWN – 06 JUL 2022 (07H45) The City’s Water and Sanitation Directorate has announced a planned water interruption in the Tokai area on Thursday, 07 July 2022, from 08H00 until 16H00. This will allow the safe completion of construction work on the main water supply pipeline to the area and will result in the water supply disruption to the entire Tokai. The work involves cutting into the pipeline to connect the newly installed water main along Dalmore Road to the existing water supply network. This work forms part of the Water and Sanitation Directorate’s pipe replacement programme, which addresses the need for water supply network upgrades, particularly the distribution system to the consumers.
UPCOMING EVENTS – 06 JUL 2022
• GQEBERHA/ PORT ELIZABETH: Protest expected at UMhlobo Wenene FM on Thursday, 07 July 2022, by members of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF).
• DURBAN: Protest expected at the Durban Central Police Station on Thursday, 07 July 2022, from 08H00.
• RUSTENBURG: The Rustenburg Local Municipality has announced a planned power interruption on Saturday, 09 July 2022, and Saturday, 16 July 2022, from 08H00 until 16H00.
• JOHANNESBURG: Protest expected on Friday, 15 July 2022, at the Chief Albert Luthuli House.
• BLOEMFONTEIN: The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) is expected to celebrate its 9th Anniversary on Saturday, 30 July 2022, at the Dr Molemela Stadium from 11H00. The EFF Commander in Chief (CIC), Julius Malema, is expected to address the EFF members during the celebration.
Website: www.willshir.com – 2022 ©️ Willshir & Associates
Willshir & Associates – Business Intelligence Program (LN)