- This event has passed.
20220725 1000 WILLSHIR SOUTH AFRICA TIMELINE
SOUTH AFRICA – EASTERN CAPE – 25 JUL 2022
• LIBODE – 25 JUL 2022 (07H15) The Member of the Executive Council (MEC) for Transport and Community Safety, Weziwe Tikana, is expected to visit the Nyandeni Local Municipality today, 25 July 2022, from 10H00 at the Ezinduneni Community Hall. The purpose of the visit is to introduce a contractor for the phase two Hluleka Road construction project.
SOUTH AFRICA – FREE STATE – 25 JUL 2022
• VREDE – 25 JUL 2022 (08H01) The Member of the Executive Council (MEC) for Education, Tate Makgoe, is expected to conduct an oversight visit to the Intuthuko Katleho secondary school today, 25 July 2022. The purpose of the visit is to assess and establish the extent of damage caused by a fire that erupted at the school on Friday, 22 July 2022. The fire has left 1050 learners and 31 teachers with no school to attend, as 23 of the 25 classrooms were damaged.
SOUTH AFRICA – GAUTENG – 25 JUL 2022
• TSHWANE/PRETORIA – 24 JUL 2022 (23H20) The Pretoria High Court has ordered the National Energy Regulator (NERSA) to publish Eskom’s application for an increase in tariffs for the 2023/2024 financial year before 01 August 2022. NERSA stated that Eskom is expected to implement a 32,66% tariff increase effective from 24 December 2022.
• SOWETO – 25 JUL 2022 (06H45) Protest reported in Soweto in the vicinity of Putco Bus Depot. The demonstrators are protesting due to the increase in bus fares. Buses services have been suspended due to the protest. Motorists are advised to be vigilant. Police have been dispatched to monitor the area.
SOUTH AFRICA – KWAZULU-NATAL – 25 JUL 2022
• DURBAN – 25 JUL 2022 (02H10) President Cyril Ramaphosa announced during the African National Congress’ (ANC) elective conference in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) that he is expected to address the nation on the country’s current load shedding situation in the coming days. Ramaphosa stated that the government will implement additional measures to reduce load shedding in the medium term and ensure the country has energy security. Ramaphosa further noted information regarding his address will be made in due course.
• VRYHEID – 25 JUL 2022 (07H00) Protest reported on the P34-4 route in the vicinity of The Water Wheel. The demonstrators have barricaded the road with burning tyres and debris. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes. Police have been dispatched.
• DURBAN – 25 JUL 2022 (09H10) UPDATE Demonstrations reported on David Webster Street and Soldiers Way. The demonstrators have barricaded the road. Motorists are advised to avoid the area. (07H40) Road closure reported on Argyle Road in Stamford Hill. Taxi operators have blockaded the road. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes. (07H20) Protest reported on the R102/Umgeni Road in the vicinity of Durban Station. The demonstrators have barricaded the road with burning tyres and debris. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes. Police have been dispatched.
SOUTH AFRICA – LIMPOPO – 25 JUL 2022
• MOKOPANE – 25 JUL 2022 (09H50) The Mokopane Magistrate’s Court is expected to hand down judgment on the bail application of two of the four accused in the murder case of two African National Congress (ANC) leaders today, 25 July 2022. The two accused, Samuel Mokonyane and Nkholo Mangana, abandoned their bail application. The four accused have been charged with murder and conspiracy to murder charges relating to the fatal shooting of ANC Mogalakwena councillor Valtyn Kekana, and party member Ralph Kanyane.
SOUTH AFRICA – MPUMALANGA – 25 JUL 2022
• MBOMBELA/NELSPRUIT – 25 JUL 2022 (09H00) The African People’s Convention (APC) has announced that it expects a response to the memorandum of demands submitted to Eskom before Monday, 15 August 2022. This follows after the APC members embarked on a protest outside Eskom Distribution Division offices to demand a reliable supply of electricity and the removal of Pravin Gordhan as the Minister of Public Enterprises.
SOUTH AFRICA – NORTH WEST – 25 JUL 2022
• CHRISTIANA – 25 JUL 2022 (06H10) Four suspects are expected to appear at the Christiana Magistrate’s Court. This follows after the suspects were arrested during a roadblock on the N12 between Christiana and Bloemhof. The suspects have been charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition without a license, as well as possession of dangerous weapons.
SOUTH AFRICA – NORTHERN CAPE – 25 JUL 2022
• POSTMASBURG – 25 JUL 2022 (08H30) UPDATE The R385 route has been reopened for traffic flow. The local transport associations are expected to meet with the representatives from the solar parks to discuss their grievances. Motorists are advised to remain vigilant. (08H10) Protest reported on the R385. Taxi operators from three transport associations have barricaded the road from Postmasburg to the solar parks. The demonstrators are protesting due to solar parks not using local transport to transport employees. The demonstrators have blockaded the road. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes. Police are on the scene.
SOUTH AFRICA – WESTERN CAPE – 25 JUL 2022
• CAPE TOWN – 25 JUL 2022 (09H25) Protest reported outside Bishop Lavis Magistrates Court. Residents of Kalksteenfontein are protesting to demand no bail for a suspect accused of murder. The demonstrators have barricaded the area. Members of the public are advised to avoid the area. Police are on the scene.
UPCOMING EVENTS – 25 JUL 2022
• BLOEMFONTEIN: The Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) is expected to celebrate its 9th Anniversary on Saturday, 30 July 2022, at the Dr Molemela Stadium from 11H00. The EFF Commander in Chief (CIC), Julius Malema, is expected to address the EFF members during the celebration.
• CAPE TOWN: Protest expected in the City Centre of Cape Town on Thursday, 04 August 2022.
• SANDTON: Stay-away demonstration expected by E-Hailing operators in Gauteng on Monday, 08 August 2022.
• CAPE TOWN: Peaceful protest expected by members of the Krotoa Foundation Movement at the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture on Tuesday, 09 August 2022.
• JOHANNESBURG: Former President Jacob Zuma is expected to appear at the Constitutional Court of South Africa on Tuesday, 23 August 2022, at 10H00.
Website: www.willshir.com – 2022 ©️ Willshir & Associates
Willshir & Associates – Business Intelligence Program (LN)