- This event has passed.
WILLSHIR – SOUTH AFRICA – TIMELINE – 07 MAR 2022 (10H00)
SOUTH AFRICA – EASTERN CAPE – 07 MAR 2022
- PORT ELIZABETH/ GQEBERHA – 07 MAR 2022 (07H00) Protest expected by the members of the Green Connection today, 08 March 2022, at Wells Estate Beach in Gqeberha. The demonstrators will be protesting against the seismic surveys on the West Coast. Demonstrations will begin at 08H00 until 11H00. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes. Police are aware of the protest.
SOUTH AFRICA – FREE STATE – 07 MAR 2022
- – 07 MAR 2022 (08H00) Free State Premier, Sisi Ntombela, is scheduled to lead the International Women’s Day celebration on Tuesday, 08 March 2022, in Kroonstad. The celebration is scheduled to take place at Constantia Park. The event will be held under the theme “Gender Equality Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow”.
SOUTH AFRICA – GAUTENG – 07 MAR 2022
- EKANGALA – 07 MAR 2022 (06H00) Protest reported in the vicinity of Ekangala and Rethabiseng near to the R568 Road. The demonstrators are protesting due to service delivery issues. Reports indicate that the demonstrators have obstructed several roads within the area with burning tyres and debris. Motorists are advised to use an alternative route.Police are on the scene.
- DUDUZA – 07 MAR 2022 (08H30) UPDATE Protest reported in the vicinity of Duduza near the substation within the area. Demonstrators are burning tyres and debris. Police are on the scene. Motorists are advised to avoid the area. (06H00) Motorists have been advised to be cautious on the R550 between Nigel and R23 Road due to a recent protest action. Police are aware of the situation.
- JOHANNESBURG SOUTH – 07 MAR 2022 (09H50) The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) licensing department has announced that several licencing offices in Johannesburg are closed due to protest action. This follows after a protest action over the changes made to the Gauteng Provincial Government driver licence and testing booking system. The CoJ licensing department and testing station have been affected by the protest action despite the decision made by the province. The affected licencing offices include Midrand licensing, Roodepoort City Hall, Region E licensing department, Langlaagte Licensing Department, Ormonde Licensing, Eureka house.
SOUTH AFRICA – KWAZULU-NATAL – 07 MAR 2022
- LIONS RIVER – 07 MAR 2022 (09H00) Road closure expected along the N3. Travellers are advised to avoid travelling along the N3 between Howick and Nottingham Road on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 07-09 March, 2022, between 10H00-12H00 and again between 14H00-16H00. The closures are due to maintenance work by Eskomon essential overhead cables. Heavy motor vehicles will be stacked on the N3 for the duration of the closure while light motor vehicles will be diverted via the R103 for a total approximate distance of 45 kilometers.
SOUTH AFRICA – LIMPOPO – 07 MAR 2022
- MUSINA – 07 MAR 2022 (09H50) The Limpopo Provincial Government is expected to approach the Southern African Development Community (SADC) to supply water for the Musina-Makhado Special Economic Zone (SEZ). This follows after the Environmental Impact Assessment had been approved, despite protests and significant resource shortages in the region. Initial proposals are for the construction of a dam along the Limpopo River in Musina at an estimated cost of R14-billion.
SOUTH AFRICA – MPUMALANGA – 07 MAR 2022
- MATSAFENI – 07 MAR 2022 (09H00) Protest reported in the vicinity of Matsafeni. The community members are currently protesting, demanding that the City of Mbombela intervene over the increase of crimes in the area. This follows after suspects allegedly sold land and murdered residents. Police are on the scene. Motorists are advised to avoid the area.
SOUTH AFRICA – NORTH WEST – 07 MAR 2022
- POTCHEFSTROOM – 07 MAR 2022 (07H00) Water services disrupted from 07H00 until 12H00 today, 07 March 2022. The Local Municipality has announced a planned water outage to undergo repairs to a water supply line to Botoka Secondary School. Area’s affected by the water outage include Matlwang, Mapetla, Two-line, Vietnam. Historic protests in the area have errupted due to prolonged water outages. Travellers are advised to monitor social media for developments.
SOUTH AFRICA – NORTHERN CAPE – 07 MAR 2022
- KIMBERLEY – 07 MAR 2022 (09H30) Road closure reported on Hull Street/ Aristotle Avenue in Cassandra. The road is closed due to flooding following recent heavy rainfalls. Motorists have been advised to use an alternative route.
SOUTH AFRICA – WESTERN CAPE – 07 MAR 2022
- GEORGE – 07 MAR 2022 (03H40) The George Municipality has announced a planned power outage scheduled to take place on Tuesday, 08 March 2022, from 09H00 until 16H30. The affected areas will include, Akasi, Mann, De Mist, Mimosa, Boekenhout, Janssen and FifthzPark. The service disruption is to do alterations to the essential mains.
UPCOMING EVENTS – 07 MAR 2022
- MIDDELBURG: The new resident’s forum, known as Dis Nou Genoeg, is expected to apply for an interdict at the Middelburg High Court on Tuesday, 08 March 2022, against the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality, resigned Municipal Manager Bheki Khenisa and striking employees.
- CAPE TOWN: Peaceful protest expected at the Parliament Building on Thursday, 08 March 2022, from 12H00 till 14H00 as part of the Women’s Climate Strike.
- MAHIKENG: President Cyril Ramaphosa is expected to participate in a Post State of the Nation Address (SONA) at the Mmabatho Stadium on Saturday, 12 March 2022, at 10H00.
- CAPE TOWN: Protest expected on Saturday, 19 March 2022 at the Paarden Kraal Pub from 11H00.
- PORT ELIZABETH/GQEBERHA: Protest expected on Saturday, 19 March 2022 at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium from 10H00.
- JOHANNESBURG: Peaceful protest expected by members of Kopanang Africa Against Xenophobia movement on Monday, 21 March 2022, at the office of the Premier.
- TSHWANE/ PRETORIA: National industrial strike expected by e-hailing operators on Tuesday, 22 March 2022 until Thursday, 24 March 2022.
Website: www.willshir.com – 2022 ©️ Willshir & Associates
Willshir & Associates – Business Intelligence Program (VB)