- This event has passed.
WILLSHIR – SOUTH AFRICA – TIMELINE – 14 MAR 2022 (10H00)
SOUTH AFRICA – EASTERN CAPE – 14 MAR 2022
- LUSIKISIKI – 14 MAR 2022 (08H40) Three suspects are expected to appear at the Lusikisiki Magistrate Court today, 14 March 2022, on charges related to the possession of explosives and unlicensed firearms. The Police arrested the suspects on Friday, 11 March 2022, during a routine roadblock and patrol.
SOUTH AFRICA – FREE STATE – 14 MAR 2022
- BLOEMFONTEIN – 14 MAR 2022 (00H05) The Presidency has announced that Public Hearings on the Electoral Amendment Bill are expected to be held in the Free State province on Monday, 14 March 2022. The event is scheduled to be held between 10H00 and 13H00 at the Rocklands Kagisanong Community Hall in Manguang.
SOUTH AFRICA – GAUTENG – 14 MAR 2022
- JOHANNESBURG – 13 MAR 2022 (20H00) Eskom has announced the suspension of loadshedding with effect from 20H00 tonight, 13 March 2022. The power utility has stated that the suspension follows sufficient recovery of generation capacity. Total breakdowns have reportedly been reduced to 12,422 megawatts (mW), while planned maintenance is at 6,540 mW of capacity. All emergency generation reserves have also sufficiently recovered, with eight other generations units expected to return to service by Wednesday, 16 March 2022.
- JOHANNESBURG – 13 MAR 2022 (22H00) The South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) has indefinitely suspended Comair’s operating license due to safety concerns. This follows after several passengers at the OR Tambo International Airport had been affected by the aviation regulator’s decision to issue a 24-hour precautionary suspension of Comair’s air operator certificate on Saturday, 12 March 2022. The SACAA’s announcement follows a review of certain policies, systems and procedures. Thereafter, the SACAA has stated that the suspension is expected to remain effective pending the resolution of the presented issues. Comair has indicated that it is unable to confirm when Kulula and British Airways flights will resume. The airline has stated that its suspension effectively removes 40% of local air capacity. Comair Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Glenn Orsmond has noted that the airline is continuously engaging with the SACAA in a bid to lift the suspension.
- SPRINGS – 14 MAR 2022 (08H00) UPDATE Demonstrations reported in Tsakane. The following routes have been affected Ndabezitha Street, Indaba Street, the intersection of Modjadji Street and Zulu Street, Intersection of Geluksdal Road and Heidelberg Road/ R23, Khama Street and Spaarwater Road. (07H40) Demonstrations reported on Tonk Meter Drive/M63. The demonstrators are protesting due to poor service delivery. (07H00) Protest reported on Nala Street in the vicinity of Duduza Taxi Rank. The demonstrators have barricaded the road with burning tyres and debris. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes.
- SOWETO – 14 MAR 2022 (08H05) Protest reported on New Canada Road in Noordgesig. The demonstrators are protesting due to poor service delivery. The demonstrators have blocked Main Road and the Soweto Highway/M70 with burning tyres and debris. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes. Police have been dispatched.
SOUTH AFRICA – KWAZULU-NATAL – 14 MAR 2022
- EMPANGENI – 14 MAR 2022 (06H50) Protest reported on the R34 in the vicinity of Chester Butcheries. The demonstrators have barricaded the road with burning tyres and debris. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes. Police have been dispatched.
- DURBAN – 14 MAR 2022 (08H20) Protest reported on Daintree Avenue in the vicinity of Thekwini TVET College. The demonstrators have barricaded the road with rocks and debris. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes. Police have been dispatched.
- DURBAN – 14 MAR 2022 (08H50) Protest reported on Jan Smuts Highway/M10 and Buro Cres. The demonstrators blockaded the road. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes. Police have been dispatched.
SOUTH AFRICA – LIMPOPO – 14 MAR 2022
- GROBLERSDAL – 14 MAR 2022 (09H20) The Sekhukhune District Municipality Spokesperson, Moloko Moloto, stated that Municipality has identified the need to fast track the provision of water and infrastructure services. This follows after the Municipality held its strategic sessions to make an overall assessment of the Municipality’s activity and induce ideas of optimizing performance in the provision of services to communities. Moloto added that the mayoral committee will take the lead in ensuring that they draw up a plan through which they will be able to monitor the implementation of projects in communities.
SOUTH AFRICA – MPUMALANGA – 14 MAR 2022
- LYDENBURG – 14 MAR 2022 (05H50) UPDATE Protest reported on the R36 between Lydenburg and Ohrigstad. The demonstrators have barricaded the road with burning tyres and debris. (00H30) Road blockades expected on various routes leading to mines in the general vicinity of Lydenburg and Maartenshoop in Mpumalanga from 04H00 on Monday, 14 March 2022. Lydenburg Police have issued a warning of possible road closures in the vicinity of Lydenburg, Mashishing and Skhila. The warning follows the receipt of information regarding community members that plan to obstruct roads with trucks in protest against unemployment. Motorists are advised to remain vigilant when travelling in the affected area. Authorities are expected to monitor the affected routes.
SOUTH AFRICA – NORTH WEST – 14 MAR 2022
- MAHIKENG – 14 MAR 2022 (07H50) Protest reported on Setlogelo Drive in the vicinity of North West University. Students are protesting due to the management that wants to deregister students who have not been vaccinated. The demonstrators have barricaded the road with burning tyres and debris. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes. Police have been dispatched.
SOUTH AFRICA – NORTHERN CAPE – 14 MAR 2022
- KIMBERLEY – 13 MAR 2022 (20H00) Provincial Police have arrested several suspects during a high-density Police operation in the Frances Baard District during the preceding weekend. The crime intelligence operation had been led by Acting Deputy Provincial Commissioner Brigadier Hennie van Rensburg and the Frances Baard District Commissioner, Major-General Johan Bean. Police Spokesperson Captain Olebogeng Tawana has stated that the operations aim to address illicit activities in several areas, including Roodepan, Pampierstad, Hartswater, Jan Kempdorp, Warrenton, Barkly West, Galeshewe, Kagisho, Modderrivier and Kimberley policing precincts. Simultaneous operations have been executed at identified residences for narcotics trading, stolen goods and illegal firearms. Stop-and-searches for dangerous weapons have also been conducted. Tawana has stated that several suspects have been detained and are expected to appear in various courts in the Frances Baard District on Monday, 14 March 2022, on charges such as dealing in narcotics, possession of narcotics and possession of dangerous weapons, among others.
SOUTH AFRICA – WESTERN CAPE – 14 MAR 2022
- CAPE TOWN – 14 MAR 2022 (00H10) Road closure reported on the M5 approaching the Berkley Road turnoff in Ndabeni, Cape Town. The road is closed to traffic to allow routine road maintenance operations. Authorities are on the scene. Motorists are advised to use alternative routes for the duration of the road closure.
UPCOMING EVENTS – 14 MAR 2022
- CAPE TOWN: Protest expected on Saturday, 19 March 2022 at the Paarden Kraal Pub from 11H00.
- PORT ELIZABETH/GQEBERHA: Protest expected on Saturday, 19 March 2022 at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium from 10H00.
- DURBAN: Protest expected at the Durban City Hall on Saturday, 19 March 2022. Demonstrators are expected to gather at King Dinuzulu Park and march to City Hall.
- CAPE TOWN: Protest expected at the Parliament Building on Saturday, 19 March 2022. Demonstrators will gather at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) and march to the Parliament Building.
- TSHWANE/ PRETORIA: Protest expected at the Union Buildings on Saturday, 19 March 2022. Demonstrators will gather at the Pretoria Art Museum and march to the Union Buildings.
- JOHANNESBURG: Protest expected at the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) on Saturday, 19 March 2022. Demonstrators will gather at the Civic Boulevard parking lot across the Johannesburg Theatre and march to the Union Buildings.
- JOHANNESBURG: The six Operation Dudula members arrested at the Pan Africa Mall are expected to appear in the Alexandra Magistrate Court on Thursday, 17 March 2021.
- JOHANNESBURG: Peaceful protest expected by members of Kopanang Africa Against Xenophobia movement on Monday, 21 March 2022, at the office of the Premier.
- VEREENIGING: The Economic Freedom Fighter (EFF) are expected to hold a Sharpeville Commemoration Rally on Monday, 21 March 2022, from 12H00 at the Dlomo dam.
- TSHWANE/ PRETORIA: National industrial strike expected by e-hailing operators on Tuesday, 22 March 2022 until Thursday, 24 March 2022.
- CAPE TOWN: Peaceful protest expected outside the Parliament building in Cape Town from 12H00 until 14H00 on Friday, 25 March 2022.
- CAPE TOWN: President Cyril Ramaphosa is expected to face the first vote of no confidence on Wednesday, 30 March 2022.
- TSHWANE/PRETORIA: Protest expected by the members of the Forgotten Nation on Wednesday, 06 April 2022 at the Department of Employment and Labour.
Website: www.willshir.com – 2022 ©️ Willshir & Associates
Willshir & Associates – Business Intelligence Program (LN)