- This event has passed.
WILLSHIR – SOUTH AFRICA – TIMELINE – 30 MAR 2022 (10H00)
SOUTH AFRICA – EASTERN CAPE – 30 MAR 2022
- XOLOBENI – 30 MAR 2022 (06H20) The Operation Dudula movement is expected to conduct a launch in Xolobeni, Eastern Cape, today, 30 March 2022. The demonstrators will be carrying out an event to search and remove illegal foreigners within the province. Police will remain on high alert following information of its operational launch. Members of the public are advised to remain cautious.
- MTHATHA – 30 MAR 2022 (07H10) Protest reported on the N2 Mthatha towards Qumbu. Community members from Mhlakulo are burning tyres and debris on the road. Motorists have been advised to use an alternative route for the duration of the protest. Police have been dispatched to the scene.
SOUTH AFRICA – FREE STATE – 30 MAR 2022
- BLOEMFONTEIN – 30 MAR 2022 (08H30) The pre-trial hearing of former Premier Ace Magashule and co-accused in the asbestos corruption case are expected to start on Sunday, 10 April 2022. The charges relate to the alleged irregular awarding of the R255-million asbestos roof removal tender in the Free State in 2014. The National Prosecution Authority (NPA) stated that numerous issues had been raised by the accused in the asbestos corruption case, and it will be addressed during the trial.
SOUTH AFRICA – GAUTENG – 30 MAR 2022
- PRETORIA/ TSHWANE – 30 MAR 2022 (06H15) The Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (CoGTA), Minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, has announced that the Cabinet has resolved to move towards the end of the national state of disaster. This comes as Dlamini-Zuma was briefing the media about the proposed amendments to the regulations pertaining to the COVID-19 national state of disaster. This follows after President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that he would lift the state of disaster once the public participation process on future COVID-19 health regulations was completed. Dlamini-Zuma said that following the president’s announcement, and given that the pandemic is monitored on a daily basis, it was decided that the national state of disaster should be lifted. However, regulations will be established, such as the COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant, which will remain in place.
- JOHANNESBURG – 30 MAR 2022 (06H45) The African National Congress Women’s League (ANCWL) President, Bathabile Dlamini, is scheduled to appear before the Johannesburg Central Magistrates Court on Friday, 01 April 2022, at 08H30, for her perjury case. The case relates to her statement at an inquiry established by the Constitutional Court during her role in the 2017 social grant at the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). Demonstrations are expected to occur outside the court in solidarity with Dlamini. Motorists are advised to remain vigilant.
- BOKSBURG – 30 MAR 2022 (08H10) President Cyril Ramaphosa is expected to deliver the keynote address at the 17th National Congress of the National Union Mineworkers (NUM) today, 30 March 2022, at 09H00. The Nation Congress will be held at the Birchwood Conference Centre.
- DIEPSLOOT – 30 MAR 2022 (09H00) Cash-in-transit (CIT) robbery reported on the N14 between Diepsloot and Krugersdorp. Motorists are advised to use alternative routes and avoid the area. Police have been dispatched to the scene.
SOUTH AFRICA – KWAZULU-NATAL – 30 MAR 2022
- NHLANOMFULA – 30 MAR 2022 (06H50) Premier Sihle Zikalala and the Member of the Executive Council (MEC’s), together with the Deputy Minister for Health, Sibongiseni Dhlomo, Deputy Minister for Finance, David Masondo, and ILembe District Municipality Mayors, will hold a Cabinet Operation Sukuma Sakhe programme in Maphumulo Local Municipality today, 30 March 2022 at 10H00. The KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Government, led by Zikalala, is carrying out this mission to improve service delivery, access to public services and revive moral regeneration in order to build safer communities. The event will be held at the Dludla sports field in Nhlanomfula.
SOUTH AFRICA – LIMPOPO – 30 MAR 2022
- POLOKWANE/ PIETERSBURG – 30 MAR 2022 (09H10) Limpopo Member of Executive Council (MEC) for Transport and Community Safety, Mavhungu Lerule-Ramakhanya, announced that the Department has allocated R73.3-million to the Gateway Airport Authority Limited. This is to enable the airport to continue managing and maintaining operations at Polokwane International Airport. The allocated budget will not sustain all the operations at the airport. However, it will prevent the downgrading of the airport and the grounding of flights.
SOUTH AFRICA – MPUMALANGA – 30 MAR 2022
- NELSPRUIT/ MBOMBELA – 30 MAR 2022 (08H45) Road closure expected on the N4 at the R539/ Montrose intersection outside Mbombela from 12H00. The road will be closed for scheduled blasting. Motorists are advised to use alternative routes during this time.
- MALELANE – 30 MAR 2022 (08H50) Motorists are advised to be vigilant on the N4 near Impala Siding and Hectorspruit/ Mjejane. Spiking incidents have been reported along the route. Criminals have been targeting motorists in the area for the past ten days. Police are aware of the situation.
SOUTH AFRICA – NORTH WEST – 30 MAR 2022
- RUSTENBURG – 30 MAR 2022 (07H40) UPDATE Community members are demonstrating outside the Glencore Mining entrance. The demonstrators have blocked the entrance to all employees who are attempting to enter the facility. Motorists are advised to remain vigilant. (07H00) Protest reported on the R104 near the Altkroondal Ouetehuis. Community members are blockading the road with burning tyres and debris. Motorists are advised to use an alternative route. Police have been deployed to the scene.
SOUTH AFRICA – NORTHERN CAPE – 30 MAR 2022
- PORT NOLLOTH – 30 MAR 2022 (09H20) The South African Weather Service (SAWS) issued a level 2 weather warning for damaging waves in Northern Cape and Western Cape today, 30 March 2022 and Thursday, 31 March 2022. Localised disruptions of small harbours and ports are expected. Waves are expected to reach heights of 4 and 6 meters between Cape Columbine and Cape Agulhas.
SOUTH AFRICA – WESTERN CAPE – 30 MAR 2022
- CAPE TOWN – 30 MAR 2022 (06H10) President Cyril Ramaphosa is expected to undergo his first vote of no confidence on Wednesday, 30 March 2022. The Cabinet will also face a vote of no confidence when separate motions tabled by the Democratic Alliance (DA) and the African Transformation Movement (ATM) are debated during the sitting.
- CAPE TOWN – 30 MAR 2022 (06H30) Protest expected by the Democratic Alliance (DA) members today, 30 March 2022, at the Parliament building from 11H15. The DA members are expected to protest in support of the motion of no confidence against Cabinet members. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes. Police will be deployed to monitor the area.
UPCOMING EVENTS – 30 MAR 2022
- KIMBERLEY: Protest expected in Kimberley on Thursday, 31 March 2022, from 11H00.
- JOHANNESBURG: The African National Congress Women’s League (ANCWL) President, Bathabile Dlamini, is scheduled to appear before the Johannesburg Central Magistrates Court on Friday, 01 April 2022, at 08H30, for her perjury case.
- TSHWANE/PRETORIA: Protest expected by the members of the Forgotten Nation on Wednesday, 06 April 2022, at the Department of Employment and Labour.
- BLOEMFONTEIN: The pre-trial hearing of former Premier Ace Magashule and co-accused in the asbestos corruption case are expected to start on Sunday, 10 April 2022.
Website: www.willshir.com – 2022 ©️ Willshir & Associates
Willshir & Associates – Business Intelligence Program (JK)