SOUTH AFRICA – NORTH WEST – KLERKSDORP – ALERT 13 JAN 2022 (13:45)

The Democratic Alliance (DA) in Matlosana Local Municipality has called on the municipality to manage its electricity and water debts. The municipality owes Eskom R1-billion and Midvaal water R850-million. DA councillor, Johannes le Grange, has appealed to the municipality to improve the management of its finances. Currently, the municipality is R40-million short every month on collecting money. Only 40% of the 120,000 residents are paying a constant debit account, carrying the other 60%. Debt collectors have been appointed. However, they failed to collect the outstanding money.

www.willshir.com – 2022©️Willshir & Associates – Business Intelligence Program